This page contains a wide range of radio stations; genrewise some are hard to pinpoint.
- [Listen] Djam Radio plays mainly black and relaxed types of music (and sometimes exotic sounds). There’s the possibility to vote for the tracks. Heritage: France.
- [Listen] FIP is the main station within the FIP family. This station presents a mix of pop, funk, jazz, blues, soul, exotic music, hip hop, electronica, and even classical music. In between the songs you’ll hear the characteristic subtle presentation, often brought by beautiful sweet female voices. Heritage: France.
- [Listen] Pinguin Pluche is the relaxed stream of the Pinguin Radio family. The station plays soft pop/rock, soul and exotic music, and also plays frequently songs in the Dutch language. Despite those songs, the general feel is reminiscent of many of those typical eclectic stations from French speaking areas. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Listen] Tout Nouveau, Tout FIP is also one of the sub streams of FIP. This station is basically similar to the ‘regular’ FIP (musicwise), but there’s a big difference: You’ll only hear music released the last couple of years. Heritage: France.
- [Listen] MondoBongo Radio is a slightly more powerful and more poppy alternative to (the regular version of) FIP. It’s an eclectic mix consisting of pop, rock, electronic music, exotic music, hip hop, jazz and soulful stuff. Heritage: Greece.
- [Listen] Size Radio is a tasteful and relaxed sounding station, playing a mix of black music and electronica; a good option to play at the background when being busy. Their website also mentions ‘rock’, but in reality you won’t hear that a lot. Heritage: France.
- [Listen] FIP Autour Du Monde is the exotic sounding station within the FIP family. Heritage: France.
- [Listen] FIP Autour Du Reggae is the reggae station within the FIP family. Heritage: France.
- [Listen] Radio Fly Foot Selecta is an amateur station (Radionomy) playing exotic sounding music; often reggae or related to it. There are a couple of shows broadcast, but (by far) the biggest part of the station is non-stop. Heritage: France.
- [Listen] FIP Autour Du Groove is the funky part of the FIP family. Within that musical frame there’s a lot of variety going on, though. Heritage: France.
- [Listen] FIP Autour Du Jazz is the jazz station within the FIP family. The station plays many kinds of jazz, varying from oldfashioned to very modern. Heritage: France.
- [Listen] TSF Jazz plays a wide variety of jazz genres, although it can be on the poppy side. But this depends on the show broadcast at the moment you’re listening. Heritage: France.
- [Listen] Klara plays general classical music (and from time to time jazz), complemented by intelligent – Dutch – talk. There’s a complete program schedule. Heritage: Belgium.
- [Listen] Illionois Street Lounge plays exotica of the 40s, 50s and 60s. The station belongs to the Soma FM family; for years already one of the big internet radio names. Heritage: The USA.
This station is also on the ‘mainly guitar based’ page.
- [Listen] FIP Autour Du Rock is the guitar based station within the FIP family. It’s mostly relaxed sounding music; often with a bluesy feel and/or mixed with something exotic. Heritage: France.
These stations are also on the page with the same name.
- [Listen] Beatminerz Radio is the official station of the hip hop production duo Da Beatminerz, DJ Evil Dee and Mr. Walt. Beatminerz Radio mostly plays (relatively subtle) hip hop and r&b, but you’ll also hear old funk and soul. Heritage: The USA.
- [Listen] Gone Up Radio is a – predominantly – hip hop station leaning to the funky/jazzy side of the genre; you won’t hear much gangsta rap there. The atmosphere is relaxed –> as long as you neglect the fact some tracks sound much louder than others. Heritage: France.
- [Listen] M2 Hip-Hop plays non-stop old hip hop; mostly on the more refined side of the genre. Many of the tracks have jazzy and/or funky influences. Heritage: France.
- [Listen] Tarmac Chillin’ is a division of Tarmac, an internetradio organisation specialized in urban. This sub stream plays relaxed hip hop and combinations of hip hop and electronica (or: ‘beat scene’ stuff). Many of the tracks could also be played in Lefto’s show. Heritage: Belgium (Wallonia).
These stations are also on the ‘slow electronica’ page.
- [Listen] Chroma Radio Ambient plays non-stop good ambient tracks, lacking any kind of ‘beats’. And from time to time you’ll hear nature sounds. Less fun: the volume of the individual tracks varies quite a bit. The result: dreaming away when listening to the station isn’t that easy. Heritage: Greece.
- [Listen] (Echoes Of Bluemars) Cryosleep sounds a bit like the one above, but lacks the volume problem and the amount of nature sounds. Btw: The ‘Echoes Of Bluemars’ streams are copies of the original Bluemars streams, made by a fan of the (for years not existing anymore) original streams. Heritage: Unknown.
- [Listen] Drone Zone is the ambient stream of the Soma FM family. But the tracks are slightly more powerful than those played on Chroma Radio Ambient and Cryosleep. Heritage: The USA.
- [Listen] Groove Salad is the lounge/downtempo stream of the Soma FM family. But don’t expect many of the usual lounge classics. Heritage: The USA.