Hybrids (can be on the soulful/funky side)
Related: the stations at the bottom of this pop page.
- [Stream] Blue-In-Green:Radio plays soul, funk, jazz, r&b and more. There are podcasts and shows, and every Sunday it’s 90s time (all day long, from 5pm UK time on). Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Comala Radio plays soul, hip hop, house, funk, disco, Brazilian music, African music, etcetera. There are shows broadcast (no clear schedule though). Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Djam Radio mainly plays black and relaxed types of music (and sometimes exotic sounds). Most of the tracks are quite old. On the website there’s the possibility to vote for the tracks. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] FIP is the main station within the FIP family. This station presents a mix of pop, funk, jazz, blues, soul, exotic music, hip hop, electronica, and even classical music. Nearly every song matches perfectly the previous one. In between the songs you’ll hear the characteristic subtle presentation, often brought by beautiful sweet female voices. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] FIP Groove is the funky part of the FIP family. Within that musical frame there’s a lot of variety going on, though. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] FIP Nouveautés is one of the sub streams of FIP. This station is basically similar to the ‘regular’ FIP (musicwise), but there’s a big difference: You’ll only hear music released the last couple of years. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] International Rare Groove takes you on a trip around the world (“soul, funk, afrobeat, roots/reggae, classic hip-hop, disco, latin and world music”). These go-getters were originally small amateur broadcasters. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] MondoBongo Radio is a slightly more powerful and more poppy alternative to (the regular version of) FIP, although there’s not much recent music played. It’s an eclectic mix consisting of pop, rock, electronic music, exotic music, hip hop, jazz and soulful stuff. Heritage: Greece.
- [Stream] Nova La Nuit, part of the Nova family, plays an eclectic and friendly mix of music. The station is entirely non-stop. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Pinguin Pluche is the relaxed stream of the Pinguin Radio family. The station plays soft pop/rock, soul and exotic music, and also plays frequently songs in the Dutch language. Despite those songs, the general feel is reminiscent of many of those typical eclectic stations from French speaking areas. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Stream] Radio Poko Pokito is a station playing many genres, but most of it is soft alternative music. At their website they describe themselves as a “traveler of a whole world-view pushing you to the boundaries of fictional to believe in it and thus live a few moments in its imaginary world”. The station is entirely non-stop. Heritage: Greece.
- [Stream] Soundstorm Relax Radio plays a wide range of styles, as long as the song sounds relaxed. It can be ambient, downtempo, house, exotic music, indie, pop, rock, soundtrack music, or something else. The general feel is soft and harks back to the Y2K era – when Ibiza cds were sold like hot cakes. Heritage: Austria.
Relaxed guitar sounds
- [Stream] FIP Rock is the guitar based station within the FIP family. It’s mostly relaxed sounding music; often with a bluesy feel and/or mixed with something exotic. Heritage: France.
Relaxed hip hop & related music
- [Stream] Beatminerz Radio is the official station of the hip hop production duo Da Beatminerz, DJ Evil Dee and Mr. Walt. Beatminerz Radio mostly plays (relatively subtle) hip hop and r&b, but you’ll also hear old funk and soul. Heritage: The USA.
- [Stream] Gone Up Radio is a – predominantly – hip hop station leaning to the funky/jazzy side of the genre; you won’t hear much gangsta rap there. The atmosphere is relaxed. Less relaxed: The stream url isn’t playable with some internet radios, like those from Imperial. Heritage: France
- [Stream] M2 Hip-Hop plays non-stop old hip hop; mostly on the more refined side of the genre. Many of the tracks have jazzy and/or funky influences. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Say Say plays soulful hip hop, but also funk and soul. There are shows broadcast; a morning show included. There’s something ambitious about this project. Heritage: Germany.