Fifties, sixties, seventies and/or eighties pop
- [Stream] 192 Radio plays golden oldies of the sixties and seventies. This station often recycles old shows (old = many decades ago). Besides those old shows the station is mainly non-stop. Heritage: The Netherlands. Note: when airing shows, there’s a lot of Dutch spoken talk.
- [Stream] LX Classics plays non-stop good sixties, seventies and eighties mainstream. Lex Harding, a famous (retired) Dutch radio dj, didn’t hear many of the tracks on regular radio stations. His solution: creating an internet station playing the music he wanted to share. Heritage: The Netherlands.
Mainly sixties pop
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 60s plays general 60s mainstream; often rock or soul. Sometimes there’s a show broadcast. Heritage: The UK.
Mainly seventies pop
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 70s plays general 70s mainstream. There are some shows broadcast. Heritage: The UK.
Mainly eighties pop
- [Stream] 80s Forever Radio mostly plays alternative music, released in the 1979-1990 time frame: new wave, synthpop, etcetera. At the website there’s a request section. Asking for a Madonna classic is impossible; instead of that, the request list is filled with quite forgotten (or even hardly known) tunes. Heritage: Switzerland.
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 80s is a ‘left of the middle’ 80s station (similar to its 90s counterpart), playing both well-made mainstream tracks and semi-alternative classics. There are also shows broadcast. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Hotmixradio 80 plays general eighties mainstream. The station is entirely non-stop, and the sound quality is excellent: very clear. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Radio Zig Zag 8.0 plays uplifting and often danceable music, mostly released from the late 70s till the late 80s. Notable: many atypical choices, and the amount of oldschool happy-go-lucky hip hop + related stuff. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Top 80 Radio, the polished sounding station of a semi-hobbyist and go-getter (in the past he tried many different formats under the name ‘Only 1’; mostly quite danceable), plays uplifting 80s music, and not just the regular tracks you hear everywhere. You can upvote or downvote the tracks, and the station is mostly non-stop. Heritage: France.
Eighties and nineties pop (+ possibly late seventies)
- [Stream] Classic Hits 106 Europe is a kind of a jukebox playing a combination of (late) 70s, 80s and 90s music; mostly pop music, and also some dance and disco tracks. Besides the biggest hits there are also ‘forgotten’ tracks in the musical mix. It’s a – well made – amateur station btw, hosted at Laut FM. Heritage: The Netherlands.
From decades ago till a while ago (general)
- [Stream] KX Classics plays varied old music, ranging from many decades ago till a couple of years ago. The type of music played here: The relatively edgy site of the mainstream + semi-alternative classics. The station is entirely non-stop. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Stream] Love-Body-Soul plays mostly rock music, but also other stuff. Generally, the underlying tone is slightly moody and/or deep. Btw: notice the schedule (‘sendeplan’) at the website, despite being a Laut FM creation. There’s quite much going on. Heritage: Germany.
- [Stream] MondoBongo Radio is a slightly more powerful and more poppy alternative to (the regular version of) FIP, although there’s not much recent music played. It’s an eclectic mix, consisting of pop, rock, electronic music, exotic music, hip hop, jazz and soulful stuff. Heritage: Greece.
- [Stream] Nova Vintage is a non-stop station playing an eclectic mix of old music (in their own words: “gold, groove, funk, disco, electro, hip-hop, sono mondiale”). It’s part of the Nova family. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Pilot Radio, created by two blind people, plays a wide variety of grown-up pop and rock music; mostly old and often forgotten. There are some shows broadcast. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Stream] Radio Efímera plays an eclectic mix of alternative oldies. You’ll hear frequently something sung in the Spanish language. Heritage: Mexico.
- [Stream] Radio Paradise, made by a married couple, is existing since the year 2000 already. It’s the result of being experienced (before starting this station already) and at the same time having a deep passion for music. You’ll hear many styles, but for some reason the combination of songs works. Most songs are old, but occasionally there’s a recent one played. Heritage: The USA.
- [Stream] Violence Vacance is a an eclectic and somewhat alternative sounding ‘Laut FM’ station. The downside: The station is abandoned. There are just new hours generated with the already available tracks in the (húge) database. You’ll hear nearly nothing released after 2015. That’s the reason it’s on this ‘oldies’ pages. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Rob Stenders XXL is a formatless but still easy accessible mixture of many kinds of (mostly old) pop music. Rob Stenders is a famous Dutch radio dj, btw. Heritage: The Netherlands.
From decades ago till a while ago (specific formats)
- [Stream] Cheesy FM plays happy and often cheesy pop songs (seventies, eighties, nineties, noughties and sometimes recent), all day long. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Pinguin Fiësta/Ska World (it isn’t that clear) plays ska and related music. Some tracks are decades old and other ones are just a couple of years old. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Stream] Radio Efímera – Vinyl Rocks plays complete, often quite classic albums. Most of their choices were originally meant as alternative (The Cure, Nirvana, etcetera). Heritage: Mexico.
- [Stream] Rude Party Web Radio, a combination of radio and a blog, plays ska and reggae music. Many of the tracks have been released in the tens, and occasionally you’ll hear a recent one, but there’s also (much) older music played – especially in shows. Heritage: Portugal.