Mainly eighties pop
- [Stream] 80s Forever Radio mostly plays alternative music, released in the 1979-1990 time frame: new wave, synthpop, etcetera. At the website there’s a request section. Asking for a Madonna classic is impossible; instead of that, the request list is filled with quite forgotten (or even hardly known) tunes. Heritage: Switzerland.
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 80s is a ‘left of the middle’ 80s station (similar to its 90s counterpart), playing both well-made mainstream tracks and semi-alternative classics. There are also shows broadcast. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Hotmixradio 80 plays general eighties mainstream. The station is entirely non-stop, and the sound quality is excellent: very clear. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Radio Zig Zag 8.0 plays uplifting and often danceable music, mostly released from the late 70s till the late 80s. Notable: many atypical choices, and the amount of oldschool happy-go-lucky hip hop + related stuff. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Top 80 Radio, the polished sounding station of a semi-hobbyist and go-getter (in the past he tried many different formats under the name ‘Only 1’; mostly quite danceable), plays uplifting 80s music, and not just the regular tracks you hear everywhere. You can upvote or downvote the tracks, and the station is mostly non-stop. Heritage: France.
Eighties and nineties pop (+ possibly late seventies)
- [Stream] Classic Hits 106 Europe is a kind of a jukebox playing a combination of (late) 70s, 80s and 90s music; mostly pop music, and also some dance and disco tracks. Besides the biggest hits there are also ‘forgotten’ tracks in the musical mix. It’s a – well made – amateur station btw, hosted at Laut FM. Heritage: The Netherlands.
Mainly nineties pop
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 90s plays not too stupid sounding nineties mainstream + semi-alternative stuff of the same era: Soundwise it’s a typical ‘left of the middle’ station, similar to the 80s version. There are also shows broadcast. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Hotmixradio 90 plays good nineties mainstream + some late eighties and early noughties fitting the format. The station is entirely non-stop, and the sound quality is excellent: very clear. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] 1.fm Absolute 90s plays non-stop general nineties mainstream: many genres, and ranging from real quality stuff to somewhat corny. The processing is quite loud, and this aspect won’t be everybody’s cup of tea. Important: You need a Facebook account to listen to the station at their website. Heritage: Switzerland.
Mainly noughties pop
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 00s plays a combination of mainstream and semi-alternative 00s music. Sometimes there’s a show broadcast. Compared to its 80s and 90s counterparts this 00s station sounds more slick. But (well-known) music released since the late 90s sounds more streamlined in general. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Hotmixradio 2000 plays general noughties mainstream. The station is entirely non-stop, and the sound quality of this station is excellent; very clear. Heritage: France.
Mainly tenties pop