Mainly eighties pop
- [Stream] 80s Forever Radio mostly plays alternative music, released in the 1979-1990 time frame: new wave, synthpop, etcetera. At the website there’s a request section. Asking for a Madonna classic is impossible; instead of that, the request list is filled with quite forgotten (or even hardly known) tunes. Heritage: Switzerland.
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 80s is a ‘left of the middle’ 80s station (similar to its 90s counterpart), playing both well-made mainstream tracks and semi-alternative classics. There are also shows broadcast. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Hotmixradio 80 plays general eighties mainstream. The station is entirely non-stop, and the sound quality is excellent: very clear. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Top 80 Radio, the polished sounding station of a semi-hobbyist and go-getter (in the past he tried many different formats under the name ‘Only 1’; mostly quite danceable), plays uplifting 80s music, and not just the regular tracks you hear everywhere. You can upvote or downvote the tracks, and the station is mostly non-stop. Heritage: France.
Eighties and nineties pop (+ possibly late seventies)
- [Stream] Classic Hits 106 Europe is a kind of a jukebox playing a combination of (late) 70s, 80s and 90s music; mostly pop music, and also some dance and disco tracks. Besides the biggest hits there are also ‘forgotten’ tracks in the musical mix. It’s a – well made – amateur station btw, hosted at Laut FM. Heritage: The Netherlands.
Mainly nineties pop
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 90s plays not too stupid sounding nineties mainstream + semi-alternative stuff of the same era: Soundwise it’s a typical ‘left of the middle’ station, similar to the 80s version. There are also shows broadcast. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Hotmixradio 90 plays good nineties mainstream + some late eighties and early noughties fitting the format. The station is entirely non-stop, and the sound quality is excellent: very clear. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] 1.fm Absolute 90s plays non-stop general nineties mainstream: many genres, and ranging from real quality stuff to somewhat corny. The processing is quite loud, and this aspect won’t be everybody’s cup of tea. Important: You need a Facebook account to listen to the station at their website. Heritage: Switzerland.
Mainly noughties pop
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 00s plays a combination of mainstream and semi-alternative 00s music. Sometimes there’s a show broadcast. Compared to its 80s and 90s counterparts this 00s station sounds more slick. But (well-known) music released since the late 90s sounds more streamlined in general. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Hotmixradio 2000 plays general noughties mainstream. The station is entirely non-stop, and the sound quality of this station is excellent; very clear. Heritage: France.
Mainly tenties pop
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 10s plays pop songs released in the years 2010 till 2019. The playlist is a combination of semi-alternative/indie + relatively credible mainstream stuff like Adele. From time to time there’s a show broadcast. Heritage: The UK.
From the eighties till a while ago
- [Stream] Yammat FM mostly plays pop and rock music released from the eighties till last year. Most music is ‘qualitative mainstream’ or slightly alternative. Because of the heritage of the station, you’ll hear a Croatian track from time to time (but not that much). There are many shows broadcast – in their native language.