Old music you can dance to. Suggestions: Twitter or email@example.com.
The danceable seventies and/or eighties
- [Stream] BMC Radio plays non-stop funk, disco, soul and r&b from +/- 1975 till 2000; although the station is mainly focussing on the first ten years of this era. Fun fact: The main people behind the station met each other around 1980 already. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Stream] Radio Stad Den Haag plays high energy, Italo, electro and disco, in other words: early/mid eighties galore. Sometimes there are shows broadcast. Heritage: The Netherlands.
Commercial sounding dance
- [Stream] Double XX is an amateur station playing danceable music of the late eighties and the early nineties. Stock, Aitken & Waterman (like) productions, the Soul II Soul sound, techno house: it’s all in Double XX’s playlist. And by amateur standards the imaging is nice. Heritage: Belgium (Wallonia).
- [Stream] 1.fm Absolute 90s Party Zone plays uplifting dance music of the nineties. The tracks are partly mainstream and partly semi-mainstream/clubhits. Important: You need a Facebook account to listen to the station at their website. Heritage: Switzerland.
- [Stream] Maxximum is (like Double XX) inspired by the French station with the same name, broadcasting in the late 80s and early 90s. The music is similar to the music on the original version; original jingles included. You’ll hear dance music, danceable pop, hip hop and new jack swing. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Planet 90, a well-produced hobby project, is broadcasting since 2004 already. The station plays varied, commercial sounding nineties dance. Their database is huge, and many of the tracks haven’t been chart hits. The biggest part of the schedule is non-stop, but from time to time there’s a show (with lots of Dutch spoken talk) broadcast. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Stream] Radio Eurodance Classic is an amateur station playing non-stop eurodance; mainly released in the nineties. Many of the tracks haven’t been chart hits, and have the typical sound popular in Central Europe. Heritage: Canada.
Commercial sounding dance + hip hop/r&b
- [Stream] Astounded Old School Radio is a LautFM stream playing non stop mainstream dance, hip hop and r&b, released in the 80s, 90s and 00s. You’ll hear both guilty pleasures and real classic stuff. Heritage: Germany.
Less mainstream sounding dance
- [Stream] Elektro-Choc is operated by the same person as Double XX, which is also on this page. But thís creation is a general nineties/noughties dance station; although Radioxy has also heard early tens stuff. You’ll hear both midtempo and uptempo tracks. The general sound isn’t that harsh though. Radioxy even noticed hours filled with ambientesque tunes, somewhere in the early morning (Central European Time, weekdays). Sadly the stream operator doesn’t publish his program schedules. Heritage: Belgium (Wallonia).