A page with radio stations bringing a smile on your face (at least it’s their goal). These stations play mostly oldies.
Cheerful pop formats
- [Listen] Cheesy FM plays happy and often cheesy pop songs (seventies, eighties, nineties, noughties and sometimes recent), all day long. Heritage: The UK.
- [Listen] Foute Muziek Radio is an amateur station playing mostly tracks released till the early nineties. Despite the eighties and early nineties tracks the station has a kind of a corny seventies feel (in a nice way, though). Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Listen] QMusic Foute Uur is a sub station of QMusic, and very similar to the stream below. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Listen] 538 Verrückte Stunde is one of Radio 538’s extra streams, playing non-stop uplifting/cheesy pop music. It’s a multi-decade format, but most of the tracks were released in the eighties, nineties or noughties. Heritage: The Netherlands. The mother station is the biggest CHR station of this country.
Cheerful dance music
- [Listen] Planet 90, a well-produced hobby project, is broadcasting since the mid 00s already. The station plays varied, commercial sounding nineties dance. Their database is huge, and many of the tracks haven’t been chart hits. The biggest part of the schedule is non-stop, but from time to time there’s a show (with lots of Dutch spoken talk) broadcast. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Listen] Radio Eurodance Classic is an amateur station (Radionomy) playing non-stop eurodance, mainly released in the nineties. Many of the tracks haven’t been chart hits, and have the typical sound popular in Central Europe. Heritage: Canada.