Varied, accessible and mostly old music. Suggestions: Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Multi-decade pop formats
At the bottom of this page is an extra section with corny/cheesy stations, which are often multi-decade formats too.
- [Stream] KX Classics plays varied old music, ranging from many decades ago till a couple of years ago. The type of music played here: The relatively edgy site of the mainstream + semi-alternative classics. The station is entirely non-stop. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Stream] Nova Vintage is a non-stop station playing an eclectic mix of old music (in their own words: “gold, groove, funk, disco, electro, hip-hop, sono mondiale”). It’s part of the Nova family. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Violence Radio is an eclectic sounding ‘Laut FM’ station. At least 80 % of the schedule fits that description, but there are also rock hours. The downside: The station is abandoned. There are just new hours generated with the already available tracks in the (húge) database. You’ll hear nearly nothing released after 2015. That’s the reason it’s on this ‘oldies’ pages. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] XXL Bonanza is a Rob Stenders creation playing the tracks requested in Robs Bonanza shows, broadcast on the Dutch public pop station ‘Radio 2‘. The result is a formatless but still easy accessible mixture of many kinds of (mostly old) pop music. At night and on Friday afternoon (Central European Time) there are some shows broadcast. Heritage: The Netherlands. Note: There’s possibly a lot of Dutch talk in their shows.
Fifties, sixties and/or seventies pop
- [Stream] 192 Radio plays golden oldies of the sixties and seventies. This station often recycles old shows (old = many decades ago). Besides those old shows the station is mainly non-stop. Heritage: The Netherlands. Note: when airing shows, there’s a lot of Dutch spoken talk.
Sixties, seventies and/or eighties pop
- [Stream] LX Classics plays non-stop good sixties, seventies and eighties mainstream. Lex Harding, a famous (retired) Dutch radio dj, didn’t hear many of the tracks on regular radio stations. His solution: creating an internet station playing the music he wanted to share. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Stream] Toppers Van Toen is an amateur station (Radionomy) with an innocent charm. The station is entirely non-stop. Heritage: The Netherlands.
Eighties and nineties pop (+ possibly late seventies)
- [Stream] Classic Hits 106 Europe is a kind of a jukebox playing a combination of (late) 70s, 80s and 90s music; mostly pop music, and also some dance and disco tracks. Besides the biggest hits there are also ‘forgotten’ tracks in the musical mix. It’s a – well made – amateur station btw, hosted at Radionomy. Heritage: The Netherlands.
Mainly sixties pop
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 60s plays general 60s mainstream; often rock or soul. Sometimes there’s a show broadcast. Heritage: The UK.
Mainly seventies pop
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 70s plays general 70s mainstream. There are some shows broadcast. Heritage: The UK.
Mainly eighties pop
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 80s is a ‘left of the middle’ 80s station (similar to its 90s counterpart), playing both well-made mainstream tracks and semi-alternative classics. There are also shows broadcast. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Hotmixradio 80 plays general eighties mainstream. The station is entirely non-stop, and the sound quality is excellent: very clear. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] Top 80 Radio, the polished sounding station of a semi-hobbyist and go-getter (in the past he tried many different formats under the name ‘Only 1’; mostly quite danceable), plays uplifting 80s music, and not just the regular tracks you hear everywhere. You can upvote or downvote the tracks, and the station is mostly non-stop. Heritage: France.
Mainly nineties pop
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 90s plays not too stupid sounding nineties mainstream + semi-alternative stuff of the same era: Soundwise it’s a typical ‘left of the middle’ station, similar to the 80s version. There are also shows broadcast. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Hotmixradio 90 plays good nineties mainstream + some late eighties and early noughties fitting the format. The station is entirely non-stop, and the sound quality is excellent: very clear. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] 1.fm Absolute 90s plays non-stop general nineties mainstream: many genres, and ranging from real quality stuff to somewhat corny. The processing is quite loud, and this aspect won’t be everybody’s cup of tea. Important: You need a Facebook account to listen to the station at their website. Heritage: Switzerland.
Mainly noughties pop
- [Stream] Absolute Radio 00s plays a combination of mainstream and semi-alternative 00s music. Sometimes there’s a show broadcast. Compared to its 80s and 90s counterparts this 00s station sounds more slick. But (well-known) music released since the late 90s sounds more streamlined in general. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Hotmixradio 2000 plays general noughties mainstream. The station is entirely non-stop, and the sound quality of this station is excellent; very clear. Heritage: France.
Special section with extra happy stations
- [Stream] Cheesy FM plays happy and often cheesy pop songs (seventies, eighties, nineties, noughties and sometimes recent), all day long. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] Foute Muziek Radio is an amateur station playing mostly tracks released till the early nineties. Despite the eighties and early nineties tracks the station has a kind of a corny seventies feel (in a nice way, though). Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Stream] QMusic Foute Uur is a sub station of QMusic, and very similar to the stream below. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Stream] 538 Verrückte Stunde is one of Radio 538’s extra streams, playing non-stop uplifting/cheesy pop music. It’s a multi-decade format, but most of the tracks were released in the eighties, nineties or noughties. Heritage: The Netherlands. The mother station is the biggest CHR station of this country.