Varied accessible music. Suggestions: Twitter of email@example.com.
Regular general pop stations
- [Stream] BBC Radio 6 Music plays mainly pop and rock, and from time to time black or electronic music; both (good) mainstream and less mainstream stuff. Some tracks are decades old, other tracks are brand new. There’s much – and often useful – presentation. Heritage: UK.
- [Stream] Radar 97.8 is a slightly alternative station. There’s enough variety going on, but most of the tracks are guitar based. Heritage: Portugal (Lisbon).
- [Stream] RTS Couleur3 plays (semi)-alternative pop and rock, black music and electronic stuff. Many of the tracks on the playlist are quite recent, and there’s a complete program schedule. Recommended: Astrolab, playing the same kind of music as Lefto, Mr. Leenknecht, etcetera. Nice: You can download nearly every show on the website. Heritage: Switzerland.
- [Stream] Studio Brussel, often called ‘StuBru’, plays varied music: old and new, and a mix of mainstream and slightly alternative tunes. These are brought by many presenters, and about 50% of the dj staff is female. Heritage: Belgium (and this station is one of the public radio stations there). Note: lots of Dutch spoken talk.
Also general pop radio, but slightly more exotic
- [Stream] Alternative Radio is an amateur station playing a mix of many kinds of guitar music and black music. The station is entirely non-stop. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] MondoBongo Radio is a slightly more powerful and more poppy alternative to (the regular version of) FIP. It’s an eclectic mix, entirely non-stop, and consisting of pop, rock, electronic music, exotic music, hip hop, jazz and soulful stuff. Heritage: Greece.
- [Stream] Nova plays lots of styles, ranging from exotic music to somewhat alternative pop. The music is both old and new, not extremely mainstream but also not that obscure. It a kind of a middle grond between BBC 6Music and FIP. There’s also much presentation. Heritage: France.