Varied and accessible music. Suggestions: Twitter or email@example.com.
Regular general pop stations
- [Stream] Amazing Radio is strictly dedicated to new releases, mostly pop and rock, which can be uploaded to Amazing Media. You won’t hear the latest Top 40 hits here (possibly there are songs you’ll hear on a mainstream station 6 months later). The station has got a complete schedule and sounds professional; slightly similar to BBC 6 Music. Heritage: Ireland.
- [Stream] BBC Radio 6 Music plays mainly pop and rock, and from time to time black or electronic music; both (good) mainstream and less mainstream stuff. Some tracks are decades old, other tracks are brand new. There’s much – and often useful – presentation. Heritage: UK.
- [Stream] La Radio De Mai, linked to a local concert hall, sounds somewhat alternative. The station is entirely non-stop, and plays pop, rock, urban and a little bit of dance music. Their playlist is quite surprising. Heritage: France (Clermont-Ferrand).
- [Stream] Radar 97.8 is another slightly alternative station. There’s enough variety going on, but many of the tracks are guitar based. Heritage: Portugal (Lisbon).
- [Stream] RTS Couleur3 plays (semi)-alternative pop and rock, black music and electronic stuff. Many of the tracks on the playlist are quite recent, and there’s a complete program schedule. Recommended: Astrolab, playing the same kind of music as Lefto, Mr. Leenknecht, etcetera. Nice: You can download nearly every show on the website. Heritage: Switzerland.
- [Stream] Studio Brussel, often called ‘StuBru’, plays varied music: old and new, and a mix of mainstream and slightly alternative tunes. These are brought by many presenters, and about 50% of the dj staff is female. Heritage: Belgium (and this station is one of the public radio stations there). Note: lots of Dutch spoken talk.
Also general pop radio, but slightly more exotic
- [Stream] Alternative Radio is an amateur station playing a mix of many kinds of guitar music and black music. The station is entirely non-stop. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] MondoBongo Radio is a slightly more powerful and more poppy alternative to (the regular version of) FIP. It’s an eclectic mix, entirely non-stop, and consisting of pop, rock, electronic music, exotic music, hip hop, jazz and soulful stuff. Heritage: Greece.
- [Stream] Nova plays lots of styles, ranging from exotic music to somewhat alternative pop. The music is both old and new, not extremely mainstream but also not that obscure. It a kind of a middle grond between BBC 6Music and FIP. There’s also much presentation. Heritage: France.