Varied and accessible music. Suggestions (this site is searching for ‘hit stations’ with an unique touch): Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org.
General pop stations
- [Stream] Amazing Radio is strictly dedicated to new releases, mostly pop and rock, which can be uploaded to Amazing Media. You won’t hear the latest Top 40 hits here (possibly there are songs you’ll hear on a mainstream station 6 months later). The station has got a complete schedule and sounds professional; slightly similar to BBC 6 Music. Heritage: Ireland/UK.
- [Stream] BBC Radio 6 Music plays mainly pop and rock, and from time to time black or electronic music; both (good) mainstream and less mainstream stuff. Some tracks are decades old, other tracks are brand new. There’s much – and often useful – presentation. Heritage: UK.
- [Stream] Hicemusic plays alternative music in the broadest sense of the word: rock, urban, electronic music – everything. Their playlist is quite surprising. It’s a – very serious – amateur project, and the station is linked to a well maintened music blog. Heritage: Germany.
- [Stream] La Radio De Mai, linked to a local concert hall, sounds somewhat alternative. The station is similar to the one above, although there’s less electronic stuff played. Heritage: France (Clermont-Ferrand).
- [Stream] Radar 97.8 is another slightly alternative station. There’s enough variety going on, but many of the tracks are guitar based. Heritage: Portugal (Lisbon).
- [Stream] RTS Couleur3 plays (semi)-alternative pop and rock, black music and electronic stuff. Many of the tracks on the playlist are quite recent, and there’s a complete program schedule. Recommended: Astrolab, playing the same kind of music as Lefto, Mr. Leenknecht, etcetera. Nice: You can download nearly every show on the website. Heritage: Switzerland.
- [Stream] Schalltwerk – a production of the Bayreuth University – plays a combination of slightly alternatieve tunes within guitar based, electronic ánd urban genres. From time to time you’ll hear a (semi) big name, but a huge part of the playlist isn’t that well-known. It’s still accessible music, though. There are similarities with La Radio De Mai and Hicemusic. Heritage: Germany.
- [Stream] Studio Brussel, often called ‘StuBru’, plays varied music: old and new, and a mix of mainstream and slightly alternative tunes. These are brought by many presenters, and about 50% of the dj staff is female. Heritage: Belgium (and this station is one of the public radio stations there). Note: lots of Dutch spoken talk.
Also general pop radio, but slightly more exotic
- [Stream] Alternative Radio is an amateur station playing a mix of many kinds of guitar music and black music. The station is entirely non-stop. Heritage: France.
- [Stream] MondoBongo Radio is a slightly more powerful and more poppy alternative to (the regular version of) FIP. It’s an eclectic mix, entirely non-stop, and consisting of pop, rock, electronic music, exotic music, hip hop, jazz and soulful stuff. Heritage: Greece.
- [Stream] Nova plays lots of styles, ranging from exotic music to somewhat alternative pop. The music is both old and new, not extremely mainstream but also not that obscure. It a kind of a middle grond between BBC 6Music and FIP. There’s also much presentation. Heritage: France.