Old music you can dance to. Suggestions: Twitter of firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mostly released till +/- 1987
- [Stream] BMC Radio plays non-stop funk, disco, soul and r&b from +/- 1975 till 2000; although the station is mainly focussing on the first ten years of this era. Fun fact: The main people behind the station met each other around 1980 already. Heritage: The Netherlands.
- [Stream] Radio Stad Den Haag plays high energy, Italo, electro and disco, in other words: early/mid eighties galore. Sometimes there are shows broadcast. Heritage: The Netherlands.
Mostly released from +/- 1988 on, commercial feel (general)
- [Stream] Double XX is an amateur station (Radionomy) playing danceable music of the late eighties and the early nineties. Stock, Aitken & Waterman (like) productions, the Soul II Soul sound, techno house: it’s all in Double XX’s playlist. And by amateur standards the imaging is nice. Heritage: Belgium (Wallonia).
- [Stream] 90s Dance Classics is the next Radionomy station in the list. This one is a kind of a jukebox (not much imaging) filled with cheerful nineties dance; both club classics and chart stuff. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] 00s Dance Classics is the noughties version of the station above, operated by the same owner. Heritage: The UK.
- [Stream] 1.fm Absolute 90s Party Zone plays uplifting dance music of the nineties. The tracks are partly mainstream and partly semi-mainstream/clubhits. Important: You need a Facebook account to listen to the station at their website. Heritage: Switzerland.
- [Stream] Planet 90, a well-produced hobby project, is broadcasting since 2004 already. The station plays varied, commercial sounding nineties dance. Their database is huge, and many of the tracks haven’t been chart hits. The biggest part of the schedule is non-stop, but from time to time there’s a show (with lots of Dutch spoken talk) broadcast. Heritage: The Netherlands.
Mostly released from +/- 1988 on, eurodance only
- [Stream] Radio Eurodance Classic is an amateur station (again: Radionomy) playing non-stop eurodance; mainly released in the nineties. Many of the tracks haven’t been chart hits, and have the typical sound popular in Central Europe. Heritage: Canada.
Mostly released from +/- 1988 on, less commercial
- [Stream] Elektro-Choc is operated by the same person as Double XX, which is also on this page. But thís creation is a general nineties/noughties dance station; although Radioxy has also heard early tens stuff. You’ll hear both midtempo and uptempo tracks. The general sound isn’t that harsh though. Radioxy even noticed hours filled with ambientesque tunes, somewhere in the early morning (Central European Time, weekdays). Sadly the stream operator doesn’t publish his program schedules. Heritage: Belgium (Wallonia).
- [Stream] The House Of House was a Belgian radioshow, broadcast in the era 1992-1997 by Bruno Fierens en Wim Devos. Nowadays the station with the same name brings the old classics back. This stream plays progressive, trance, deep house and more. There are shows mentioned on the ‘real’ website; the previous link refers to the Radionomy page (yes, Radionomy again – that name appears quite often on this page). But Radioxy hasn’t got any idea if there’s still some activity there. Heritage: Belgium.